It’s time for the SafePlace Food Drive!
Each year, SafePlace provides food and shelter to thousands of survivors of sexual assault and domestic violence. Our food pantry ensures that all survivors in our care have enough food for themselves and their families. But we can’t do it alone. We need the support of our community. We need you to help stock our empty food pantry!
Help survivors of sexual and domestic violence by donating to the SafePlace Food Drive. When you donate non-perishable food items, you help SafePlace do 3 very important things:
- Meet the specific dietary needs of all of our survivors–survivors can have allergies too!
- Provide fresh fruits and vegetables to our clients through our food pantry budget, instead of needing to purchase staples.
- Ensure that our food pantry will remained stocked, year round, for fellow Austinites who may need our services.
This holiday season, consider picking up a few extra non-perishable food items and donating to those in need at SafePlace. You can send your generosity digitally by purchasing items from the SafePlace Amazon Wishlist. You can view our list below and drop off your donations at the SafePlace Warehouse. There will be a staff person at the warehouse who can assist you each Tuesday-Friday, from now until the end of the year. Donations can also be left in the black bins outside the SafePlace Warehouse at any time.
Food Drive Needs:
- Boxed meals: Hamburger Helper, Tuna Helper, Chicken Helper, Macaroni & Cheese, Mashed Potatoes, etc.
- Canned fruit
- Canned ravioli/spaghetti-o’s
- Canned chili
- Canned tuna/meat/chicken
- Canned corn
- Canned soups
- Condensed milk
- Cooking Oil
- Snacks for kids
- Peanut butter/jelly
- Juice Boxes
- Pasta (all shapes, white pasta preferred)
- Bags of pinto beans
- Boxed rice (white rice preferred)
- Seasonings (incl. salt/pepper)
- Condiments: Mayo, Ketchup, Mustard, etc.
- Top Ramen/Maruchan
- Dairy/Meat Products
- Gluten free & Vegan options
- Low-sodium foods
- Dietary foods for diabetic clients
- Pancake/Waffle Mix
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Canned Refried Beans