By donating nonperishable food items to the SafePlace Food Drive, you are helping us to:
- Meet the specific dietary needs of all of our survivors.
- Use our Food Pantry budget for fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Ensure that SAFE will have a strong food supply throughout the year. We rely on late spring/early summer and fall food drives to keep our shelves stocked year-round.
Food security is an issue for many of the clients SafePlace serves. At SafePlace, the Emergency Shelter Food Pantry gives out approximately 300 pounds of food a week. In order to feed so many different people with unique food challenges and allergies, we rely heavily on community support to meet the food needs of our clients and their families. Meeting our clients’ basic needs gives them a sense of safety and security, and your donations to the 2016 SafePlace Summer Food Drive help tremendously!
Summer is the time of year when our food supplies and donations tend to decrease dramatically.
Please consider holding a food drive in your community, which supports SAFE’s mission of creating a healthy, happy community. Our Summer Food Drive will run through all of June and July. Please know, however, that food donations are always welcome and so appreciated! Below you will find a list of items currently needed, and instructions on how to deliver the items. If you prefer online shopping, we’ve got you covered there too!
Food Drive Registries
We are currently low or out of stock for following items:
- Boxed meals: Hamburger Helper, Tuna Helper, Chicken Helper, Macaroni & Cheese, Mashed Potatoes, etc.
- Canned fruit
- Canned ravioli/spaghetti-o’s
- Canned chili
- Canned tuna/meat/chicken
- Canned corn
- Canned soups
- Condensed milk
- Cooking Oil
- Individually-Packaged Snack Items
- Peanut butter/jelly
- Juice Boxes
- Pasta (all shapes), (white pasta preferred)
- Bags of pinto beans
- Boxed rice (white rice preferred)
- Seasonings (incl. salt/pepper)
- Condiments: Mayo, Ketchup, Mustard, etc.
- Top Ramen/Maruchan
- Dairy/Meat Products
- Gluten free & Vegan options
- Low-sodium foods
- Dietary foods for diabetic clients
- Pancake/Waffle Mix
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Canned Refried Beans
- Individually packaged snacks
Thank you so much for your support!