SAFE’s mission to end sexual assault and exploitation, child abuse, and domestic violence includes ensuring that each space a survivor enters is welcoming and trauma informed. That includes spaces like our Supportive Housing laundry room, which recently received a much-needed makeover thanks to our generous community.
SAFE Supportive Housing
The SAFE Supportive Housing Program (SHP) is one of our largest healing and safe spaces on the SafePlace Campus. When a survivor exits our Emergency Shelter, they must often choose between homelessness and returning to an abusive home. SHP is designed to help families and individuals who need more time to become independent after leaving a violent relationship.
While advocates and counselors on the SafePlace Campus do an amazing job of supporting survivors and their families living in SHP units, and our amazing facilities crew do a great job of making necessary repairs in those units, sometimes needs arise that are greater than our budget can take care of.
Our SHP laundry room is a much-used space in the units. Due to flood damage and high usage, the laundry room had fallen into disrepair.
We are so thankful to the following in-kind sponsors for donating their time, materials, and service to make the SHP laundry room a functioning and welcoming space again:
- Trenton Cox, Project Manager, and Janusz Sakowicz, Regional General Manager, from Colt Builders and team
- Donny Reeves, General Manager of Sales, from Encore Mechanical and team
- Pete Manley from Matheus Lumber and team
- Jesse Guzman from Gtown Lumber and team
- Mike Meierhofer of Meierhofer Electric, his Lead Supervisor Jovany Morales, and team
- Clint Basey of 6b Plumbing, Silvester Rivera, his Lead Supervisor, and team
- Ron Carillo, owner of Brecca Construction, and his crew
This amazing group of people came together to do a complete rebuild of the SHP laundry room. They put in new HVAC, electrical, floor, and ceiling – and their patience was amazing as this project extended from two weeks to two months.
Thank you all for your support and generosity!