Many people come to SAFE with very few, if any, possessions. Community donations help provide basic needs, clothing, and household items to assist survivors and their families as they start over. We could not do the work we do without your ongoing support, so from all of us at SAFE, thank you.
Please consider making a gift of new or “regiftable” gently used items from our wish list or provide gift cards to fill gaps in need. Some options include:
- Shopping for items from our Amazon lists which ship directly to our Donation Warehouse
- Mailing gift cards to PO Box 19454, Austin, Texas, 78760.
- Delivering gifts to our SAFE Warehouse at 1401 Grove Boulevard, Austin, Tx 78741
- Check out these items in high demand!
Tuesday: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Wednesday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Thursday and Friday: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
To assure your donation is handled properly, please drop off during warehouse open hours. If you have a very large donation, please consider connecting with our Director of In-Kind to assure we have the capacity to accept your generous offer.
Please avoid delivering very large donations during off-hours as the donation bin may not be able to accommodate.
Please do not deliver items to SAFE locations other than the Warehouse. Feel free to email [email protected] with any questions.
1401 Grove Blvd, Austin, TX 78741
Take East Riverside Drive from I-35 approximately 2.5 miles to Grove Boulevard.
Take a left (north) on Grove Boulevard. As you drive past the large black fence on Grove, turn into the driveway at 1401 Grove Blvd. Enter the property through the gate, and the Warehouse is directly in front of you.
Please do not deliver items to SAFE locations other than the Donation Warehouse. Feel free to email [email protected] with any questions.
In-kind donation FAQ:
At SAFE, we know we are only able to do the work we do because our community supports many of our needs through in-kind donations. Our in-kind team is so grateful to fill SAFE Shelves with your generosity and to meet you when you come by the Donation Warehouse.
Do not hesitate to email [email protected] with any questions.
Does my donation go directly to/support SAFE clients?
Yes, all new or “regiftable” like-new in-kind donations, which serve a client need, go directly on the shelves in the SAFE Donation Warehouse for clients and advocates to select.
Can SAFE pick up my donation?
Due to staff capacity, we cannot pick up donations.
What do you accept?
SAFE accepts many types of items ranging from personal to baby to basic home needs. Selecting items from our Amazon wishlists or in-kind needs list is a great start! We often are in search of new items, as our clients are starting fresh, however, there are some items that we can accept in “regiftable” like-new condition.
Please keep in mind:
- SAFE Clients often do not have access to materials to clean or fix items. Donations must be client-ready.
- SAFE Clients often do not have a lot of storage space, or may be moving soon, so there is often not a high demand for decor or household items that are not listed on the wish lists (e.g., large sporting equipment, large pieces of art, outdoor decor, etc.)
- If you feel you have an in-kind service or item that may serve staff or operations and is not outlined in this FAQ, please contact [email protected].
What can you not accept?
Thank you for considering these guidelines. Delivering items that are in demand and client-ready can help us better serve SAFE clients efficiently. Processing items that cannot be used by SAFE clients demands precious staff time. Due to demand, storage, and staff capacity, we unfortunately cannot accept:
- Any items that pertain to violence and drug or alcohol use.
- This may include DVDs and video games rated R or Mature/Adults Only, toy guns or other weapons, and clothing with alcohol brands or themes.
- Any items that are damaged, need maintenance, or washing
- We do have a bed frame and mattress on our Amazon Wishlist that arrives packaged in a manner that can be handled easily by staff and clients. If you would like to contribute this pre-approved bed, please visit our Amazon wishlist page.
- Used toys
- Used make up and basic need/hygiene items
- Used underwear, bras, and socks
- Used breast feeding pumps
- Magazines, textbooks, VHS tapes, cassette tapes
- If you would like to send a magazine subscription, or support our charter school’s efforts, please email [email protected].
- Big screen TVs and tube televisions
- If you would like to make a professional contribution of IT equipment to staff, please email [email protected].
If you’re unsure about your donation, please email [email protected]!
What if I have a very large donation?
Due to staff capacity, we ask if you have a very large amount to deliver, to please contact [email protected] a week in advance. This will help assure that we can accept the donation, have staff on-site when you arrive, and have the space prepared to store your generous contribution. `
What is the best way to deliver my donations?
In order for your donations to quickly get to a SAFE client, please consider the following tips:
- Deliver to warehouse during open hours. SAFE only has one staff person to accept and sort donations, so this is a huge help.
- Please assure everything is clean and client ready
- If you are providing a myriad of items, consider bagging/boxing by type (this makes sorting a breeze!)
- Please take clothing off of hangers
- Consider labeling bedding size on the bag
Can I give my donation directly to a client?
Unfortunately, due to client confidentiality this is not a possibility. However, there are many volunteer opportunities to increase your engagement with SAFE.