Thank you for thinking of the children, young adults, and families we serve!
Unless otherwise specified, your donations will be used to fill the most immediate need across SAFE programs. This list speaks to the needs specifically for Austin Children’s Shelter.
While we prefer for all donations to be delivered to our SAFE Warehouse, donations are also accepted at Austin Children’s Shelter (4800 Manor Rd, Building A) during office hours (Monday – Friday, 8:30 – 4:30).
For more information, please call 512-499-0090 or email [email protected].
Donation Drop Off
1515-A Grove Blvd
Austin, TX 78741
Tues 10:00 – 3:00
Wed 10:00 – 6:00
Thurs 10:00 – 3:00
Fri 10:00 – 3:00
- Adult-Sized Gender-Neutral Bicycles
- Adult-Sized Helmets
- Bike Locks
- Advanced Lego Sets
- Art Supplies
- Arts & Crafts Kits
- Adult Coloring Books
- Ball Pumps
- Blow Dryers, Curling Irons, and Flat Irons
- Book Lights
- Cologne and Perfume
- Construction Paper
- Handheld Electronic Games
- Headphones and Earbuds
- Magic: The Gathering Cards
- Decks of Cards
- Makeup Kits
- Nail Polish
- Movies G to PG-13
- Mp3 Players (No internet connectivity or cameras)
- Scented Lotion and Soaps
- Science Kits
- Scrapbooking Supplies
- African-American culturally specific children’s books- any genre (fiction and non-fiction), but especially books that address family issues, trauma, moving, divorce, other losses and recovery.
- Adult books written for or by African-Americans, including fiction, non-fiction, and self-help books
- African-American magazines such as Ebony, Essence, Black Enterprise, Heart & Soul, and others. Individual donations or subscriptions appreciated!
- Diapers and Wipes
- Non-Perishable Snack Items
- New Adult-Sized Athletic Shorts
- New Adult-Sized Underwear, Sports Bras, and Socks
- New Adult-Sized Solid Colored T-Shirts
- New Baby Bouncers and Exersaucers
- Non-Spiral Journals
- Personal Daily Planners
- Reusable Water Bottles
- Travel Umbrellas
Please deliver or mail all ACS gift cards to 4800 Manor Rd, Building A, Austin, TX 78723 during office hours (Monday – Friday, 8:30 – 4:30).
- Old Navy
- Home Depot
- Best Buy
- AMC Theaters
- Fast Food Restaurants
Programs Benefiting From Your Donations
Emergency Shelter: Providing a safe haven and an opportunity to begin to heal through high quality care and critical services.
Transitional Living: Preparing older youth in foster care to make a successful life on their own.
Supervised Independent Living: Provides youth who are aging out of the state’s care—but who are not quite ready to successfully live independently—the opportunity to further develop adult skills and prepare for a successful independent life.
Teen Parent: Helping young parents break the cycle of abuse and neglect by teaching positive parenting skills.
Respite Care: Enhancing family stability and well-being by providing temporary respite for families referred through partner agencies.
Foster and Adopt: Connecting children and youth with caring families.
Strong Start: Preventing child abuse by strengthening families and providing a therapeutic early childhood program.
Care Academy: Supporting families through quality child care combined with early childhood education and parent coaching at ACS.
Thank you for supporting the children and young adults we serve!