Many families come to SAFE with very few, if any, of their possessions. Community donations help provide for a family’s basic needs and are an important first step in helping survivors start over.
If you can, please donate or host a donation drive in your neighborhood, at work, at your church or among your friends and family! You can even donate from home using our Amazon wishlist.
Take East Riverside from I-35 approximately 2.5 miles to Grove Boulevard.
Take a left (north) on Grove. As you drive past the large black fence on Grove, turn into the driveway at 1515-A Grove Blvd.
The SAFE Donation Warehouse is on your left and the Resource Center is on your right.
Please be aware that we receive donations at the SAFE warehouse on:
Tuesday: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Wednesday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Thursday and Friday: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
If the warehouse isn’t open, please bring items to the front desk at the Resource Center. The front desk will accept donations Monday-Thursday from 3 pm to 8 pm, and is closed on Fridays. For any questions, please call 512-356-1577.
Food shortage is an ongoing issue. In the Emergency Shelter alone, we give out over 200 pounds every week. Please consider donating some of the following food items the next time you donate:
- Breakfast items
- Canned Fruit
- Peanut butter
Hygiene and baby items
The following are items that we always need. Please consider donating today!
- Adult and child socks and underwear (new)
- SAFE is in need of socks and underwear for all ages, but in particular children.
- Full size bottles of unopened adult shampoo and conditioner
- Baby Wipes
- Razors and Shaving Cream
- Diapers sizes 3-6
- Pull-Ups sizes 2T-5T
- Baby Shampoo
- Baby Lotion
- Baby Powder
- Unopened body wash/soap
- Feminine Hygiene Products
- Baby Bottles
- Sippy Cups
SAFE is in need of items to better serve our Black/African American clients:
- Black/African American Hair Care
- Relaxers, Hair gel (Ampro brand), Pink Oil Moisturizer
- Black/African American Makeup (foundation)
- Shades for women of color, which often include the darker shades, like Bronze, Tawny, and Cocoa, as well as the lighter shades
- Black/African American Cocoa Butter Skin Moisturizers/Lotions
- Twin Sheets/Blankets/Comforters
- New pillows
- All clothing, all sizes, in season
- Both new and gently used
- Women, men, and children clothing all accepted
- Purses, wallets and suitcases
- Date books & journals
- Gas station gift cards
- Gift cards for clothing stores, discount stores, restaurants, etc.
- Gift cards for Life Skills graduates
- Grocery store gift cards
Infant and Toddler
- Push-and-pull toys for toddlers
- Strollers (any type)
- New infant and toddler car seats (we cannot accept used)
Kitchen, Bed and Bath
- Small kitchen appliances (blenders, food processors, and griddles)
- Air mattresses
- Alarm and wall clocks
- Pots and pans
- Towels: bath, hand, washcloth, etc.
- Full or Queen Linens/Blankets
- Dishes, flatware
Arts Sports and Entertainment
- Entertainment passes for bowling, movies, skating, museums and amusement parks
- Nonviolent books and toys (*No Toy Guns/Knives/Swords*)
- Gift cards for toy and book stores
- Picture Books
- Youth and Adult Books
- Spanish Youth and Adult Books
- Project paper: contact, butcher, art, construction, writing and tissue
- Art supplies (for our school and after school activities)
- Playing cards and board games
- Sports equipment for all ages: balls, scooters, skateboards, baseballs, gloves, roller skates, basketballs, footballs and appropriate safety equipment
- African-American culturally specific children’s books- any genre (fiction and non-fiction), but especially books that address family issues, trauma, moving, divorce, other losses and recovery.
- Adult books written for or by African-Americans, including fiction, non-fiction, and self-help books
- African-American magazines such as Ebony, Essence, Black Enterprise, Heart & Soul, and others. Individual donations or subscriptions appreciated!
Eloise House Donations:
- Shirts (new)
- Shorts (new, long inseam)
- Socks (new)
- Underwear (new)
- Sports bras (new)
- Flip flops (new)
- Band-Aids, gauze, and other general medical supplies (new)
- Snacks – peanut butter crackers, granola bars, ramen, cookies, crackers, k cup coffee, coffee stuff, cups, utensils, etc.
- Stress balls
- Lavender sachets
We are currently unable to accept the following items:
- Used Beds/Mattresses (We always need new mattresses.)
- Furniture or large appliances
- Large televisions (Over 24″)