Join the SAFE Ambassadors Network!
Partner with The SAFE Alliance – a partnership between Austin Children’s Shelter and SafePlace – to raise awareness about sexual assault and exploitation, child abuse and neglect, and domestic violence in your community.
- Receive access to SafePlace and Austin Children’s Shelter educational resources, including books and movie lists with discussion guides. SAFE speakers are also available to fuel the discussion.
- Connect with other community members working to address abuse in our community through our Facebook page.
- Partner with The SAFE Alliance on prevention and intervention projects; receive technical assistance from the Community Education team.
- Develop ways to integrate interpersonal violence and abuse prevention principles into community and family activities.
SAFE Ambassadors Network might be right for you if:
- You are a part of a group, congregation or team for which you are interested in leading a project.
- You are interested in learning skills to help prevent interpersonal violence and abuse within your sphere of influence.
- Focus groups to discuss specific issues/incidents of sexual assault, domestic violence and/or child abuse
- Film screening followed by discussion
- Host/Co-Facilitate a training series for your group or organization – Community Education training offerings
- Mount Zion Baptist church- Completed 14-hour response team training to support survivors in their congregation
- Game Changers Coaches Training at YMCA East Communities
Steps to get involved:
- Below the complete online application
- The community organizer will contact you to setup a meeting.
* You are not required to attend volunteer training to participate.*