- Attend a Volunteer Info Session to work directly with survivors, children, or represent The SAFE Alliance in the community
- Volunteers based at Rathgeber Village campus must be 21 or older to work in campus cottages
- All other SAFE volunteers must be 18 or older
- A commitment of approximately eight hours per month for at least six months after training
- A completed Volunteer Application, including a criminal background check
- 40-hour Core Advocate Training (view a sample training agenda)
- Any additional program-specific training, such as general children’s trainings
- Interview with Volunteer Services staff and/or volunteer supervisor.