The decision to reach out is the first step in seeking help with sexual or domestic violence, child abuse, human trafficking, or parenting support.
The confidential SAFEline is available 24/7 by phone at 512.267.SAFE (7233), by text at 737.888.7233, or online chat at safeaustin.org/chat.
Through SAFEline, we can:
- Offer a safe space where you can talk about your concerns with someone who cares and won’t judge
- Assist you in determining if you or a loved one is being abused verbally, emotionally, or physically
- Help you build a safety plan so you can find ways to be safe and be prepared to leave when the time is right
- Find emergency shelter, whether it is with us or another agency
- Give you access to support services so you can begin to heal from the trauma of rape, sexual abuse, domestic violence, child abuse, or human trafficking
- Provide information about and connection to all SAFE services and local resources
Call by phone
SAFEline crisis intervention specialists are trained to handle calls from survivors, families, and allies who need support with situations of sexual abuse, domestic violence, child abuse, and human trafficking.
If you are in a safe space to make a phone call, the free, confidential SAFEline can be reached at 512.267.SAFE (7233), or toll free at 1-877-384-9891
SAFEline features a relay/VRS for the Deaf community, Spanish-speaking advocates, and can use interpretation services to respond to callers who speak other languages.
You can call 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Text and chat
For those who are unable to safely talk on the phone or who prefer to communicate digitally, SAFE now offers free, live text and chat services that can be accessed from a computer or mobile phone. Text the SAFEline at 737.888.7233.
Text and chat advocates are trained to communicate in Spanish and English.