UPDATE: We are still offering free individual parenting classes on the phone or through the use of a computer.
Current waitlists – updated weekly
- For parents with at least one child in the home between ages 0-5, there is a wait of two weeks before receiving a phone call.
- For parents with a child who is not in the home between the ages of 0-5 or whose youngest child is between ages 6-11, there is a wait of three weeks before receiving a phone call.
To contact the Strong Start team immediately, call 512.264.4100. Se habla español.
Strong Start empowers families through early childhood services and family support. The program is for parents of children 0-11 years of age who are seeking positive strategies to improve their kids’ behavior and reduce the stress of parenting. Respect, routines, expectations and consequences can be difficult for everyone in the family to follow. Our focus is on building successful and resilient children through strengthening the parent-child relationship and preserving families.
Our education services can be delivered to parents in-home, in a convenient public location, or in a group setting. We use evidence-based curricula, and clients participating in parent education may have access to the following:
- 1:1 positive social and emotional development lessons for a child between 3-5 years old
- Mental health services, which include counseling and more specialized classes for parents
- Crisis intervention services, including immediate needs assistance
Fatherhood Specialists are also available to support male caregivers with parent education.
For more information, contact 512.264.4100.
Or fill out our referral form here.