For all media inquiries, please contact Antwon Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 512-772-9374.
Experts at The SAFE Alliance are available to provide insight to the media about domestic violence, sexual assault, human trafficking, and child abuse, as well as preventing and ending the cycle of violence for all communities.
SAFE | Logos and Name Usage
Name- Our organization is to be referred to as “The SAFE Alliance.”
It is always helpful to include information about SAFEline to connect audiences with support:
SAFEline is a 24-hour confidential hotline for people seeking help with sexual or domestic violence, child abuse, human trafficking, or parenting support and is available by phone at 512.267.SAFE (7233), by text at 737.888.7233 or by chat at safeaustin.org/chat.
- Over 195,000 incidents of family violence were reported in Texas in 2017, according to the Texas Department of Public Safety.
- 136 women were killed by a male intimate partner in Texas in 2017, according to the Texas Council on Family Violence.
- 854 rape/sexual assault cases were reported by local law enforcement in Travis County in 2015.
- Approximately 79,000 minors and youth are victims of sex trafficking in Texas, according to the Institute on Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault (IDVSA).
- There were 2,105 cases of confirmed child abuse in Travis County in 2015/16.
- Over 2.9 million cases of child abuse were reported in the U.S. in 2015.
- While Texas leads the nation in child abuse fatalities, with 202 children in FY2015/16, funding for child protection in Texas is woefully inadequate.
For more statistics, you can visit our About the issue page, or one of our specific issue pages, including child abuse, sexual assault & exploitation, domestic violence, dating violence, healthy relationships and parenting tips.
View SAFE’s Annual Reports here.
SAFE is a Central Texas nonprofit committed to providing safety, stability, and healing to anyone who has experienced violence and abuse. Locally, we provide housing, support services, and prevention programs to stop the cycle of violence. Globally, we engage in conversations that shape a culture free from violence and abuse. Learn more at safeaustin.org.
A merger of Austin Children’s Shelter and SafePlace, The SAFE Alliance is a Central Texas nonprofit working to stop abuse for everyone. SAFE supports children, adults, and families who have experienced abuse by providing safety, stability, and healing. To more effectively put an end to child abuse, sexual assault, domestic violence, and sex trafficking, SAFE provides shelter, counseling, legal assistance, sexual assault forensic exams, a charter school, and more. In addition to direct services, SAFE works to prevent violence before it occurs through parenting assistance and education, programs that promote healthy teen relationships, and working with communities disproportionately affected by abuse. Violence and abuse are a cycle, often transferred across generations. We work to break that cycle. Learn more at safeaustin.org.