SAFE depends on generous sponsors like you to help create joy and magic every holiday season! We are seeking hundreds of sponsors to search for the perfect gifts and basic needs to grant the wishes of SAFE clients.
If you are a returning sponsor, you may notice the process is slightly different than previous years, so please consider any instructions on this page, in our FAQ Sheet, and those sent to you in your pairing email if you choose to sponsor.
Here are all the ways you can create SAFE Holidays this year!
Sponsor a SAFE Holidays Wish List
SAFE serves hundreds of youth, adults, and families during the Holiday season. We asked each client to tell us what they wish for this year and, in order to grant thousands of wishes, we need your help!
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, this year we are really excited to tell you about a few changes. While children will continue to get physical gifts, this year all adult clients and gift recipients will receive gift cards. In addition to cutting down on the amount of work we ask of our volunteers and sponsors, gift cards are great because:
- They empower clients to choose and purchase their own gifts.
- Clients prefer the power of choosing their own items.
- You can dress up your gift cards, if you like, by including a homemade holiday card or note.
Complete our SAFE Holidays Sponsor form and our Team will pair you.
In your pairing email you will also receive more information such as delivery location, how to package gifts, and more! Don’t forget to review the SAFE Holidays FAQ Sheet.
Shop for the SAFE Shelves
You can help provide gifts for those who move into shelter after Sponsor Sign-Ups but before the Holidays, as well as, other basic need items for clients. Often around the holidays, basic need items, like hygiene and baby supplies, donations dwindle; by shopping for the shelves, you ensure that SAFE has all our clients need for the first few months of 2021. No need to sign up to select SAFE Shelves items.
- Shop for items from our Amazon and Target lists which ship directly to our SAFE Warehouse. Find a similar product on sale online? Simply ship to the Warehouse address below.
- Mail gift cards to SAFE Alliance ATTN: Holiday Program PO Box 19454, Austin, Texas, 78760
- Deliver or mail larger gifts to our SAFE Warehouse at 1401 Grove Boulevard, Austin, TX, 78741
- Need more ideas? Check out our SAFE Shelves list.
- Please email email@example.com if you would like to set up a drive for SAFE!
Make a Monetary Donation
From gifts, to counseling, to housing, making a donation directly to SAFE will enable us to direct resources where and when they are needed the most. Donate online or mail checks to SAFE Alliance ATTN: Holiday Program P.O. Box 19454 Austin, TX 78760.
Unfortunately due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are unable to utilize the volunteer support we normally rely on to sort and distribute gifts. For other ways to support the adults, kids, and families we serve this holiday season, please click here or reach out to Lindsay Contreras at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SAFE Donation Warehouse
Please note: Due to staff and storage capacity, from Dec. 1, 2020 to Jan. 31, 2020, SAFE will not be accepting used in-kind donations at any location. Thank you for understanding!
SAFE Warehouse will be accepting Angel Tree & other Drive Collections, SAFE Shelves, and other general new in-kind donations. If you received a wishlist, your delivery location will be listed at the top of the wishlist.
Dates that the Warehouse is closed:
- Thursday, November 26, 2020
- Friday, November 27, 2020
- Thursday, December 24, 2020
- Friday, December 25, 2020
- Thursday, January 1, 2020
Location: 1401 Grove Blvd, Austin, Tx 78741
- Sunday-Friday: 10am – 3pm
- Saturday: CLOSED
A Glimpse at the 2020 SAFE Holidays Timeline
Now and Ongoing
- Online sponsor sign up and wish list collection
- Collect items for SAFE Shelves and deliver to the SAFE Donation Warehous
December 6-8, 2020
Sponsored wish list gift drop off — location and calendar for curbside drop off time will be sent in your pairing email
- Sunday, Dec. 6: 12-5pm
- Monday, Dec. 7: 2-7 pm
- Tuesday, Dec. 8, 2-7 pm
December 9-11, 2020
Staff and Volunteers check and sort gifts
December 14-16, 2020
Clients receive gifts!