SAFE depends on generous sponsors like you to help create joy and magic every holiday season! We are seeking hundreds of sponsors to search for the perfect gifts and basic needs to grant the wishes of SAFE clients.
Here are all the ways you can create SAFE Holidays this year!
Sponsor a SAFE Holidays Wish List
SAFE serves more than 1,000 youth, adults, and families during the Holiday season. We asked each client to tell us what they wish for this year and, in order to grant thousands of wishes, we need your help!
Because of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, while children will continue to receive physical gifts, all adult clients will receive gift cards. In addition to cutting down on the amount of work we ask of our limited staff and volunteers, gift cards are great because:
- They empower clients to choose and purchase their own gifts.
- Clients prefer the power of choosing their own items.
- You can dress up your gift cards, if you like, by including a homemade holiday card or note.
Sign up for a wish list here, and our Team will pair you.
In your pairing email you will also receive more information such as delivery location, how to package gifts, and more!
You can help provide gifts for those who move into shelter after Sponsor Sign-Ups but before the Holidays, as well as, other basic need items for clients. Often around the holidays, basic need donations dwindle; by shopping for the shelves, you ensure that SAFE has all our clients need for the first few months of 2021. No need to sign up to select SAFE Shelves items.
- Shop for items from our Amazon and Target lists which ship directly to our SAFE Warehouse.
- Mail gift cards to SAFE Alliance ATTN: Holiday Program PO Box 19454, Austin, Texas, 78760
- Deliver or mail larger gifts to our SAFE Warehouse at 1515 Grove Boulevard, Austin, TX, 78741
- Need more ideas?Check out our SAFE Shelves list.
- Please email email@example.com if you would like to set up a drive for SAFE!
Make a Monetary Donation
From gifts, to counseling, to housing, making a donation directly to SAFE will enable us to direct resources where and when they are needed the most. Donate online or mail checks to SAFE Alliance ATTN: Holiday Program P.O. Box 19454 Austin, TX 78760.
Unfortunately due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are unable to utilize the volunteer support we normally rely on to sort and distribute gifts. For other ways to support the adults, kids, and families we serve this holiday season, please click here or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SAFE Donation Warehouse
Please note: Due to staff and storage capacity, from Dec. 1, 2021 to Jan. 31, 2022, SAFE will not be accepting used in-kind donations. Thank you for understanding!
SAFE Warehouse will be accepting Angel Tree & other Drive Collections, SAFE Shelves, and other general new in-kind donations. If you received a wish list, your delivery instructions will be sent to you in your pairing email.
Dates the Warehouse is closed:
- Thursday, November 25, 2021
- Sunday, December 26, 2021
- Sunday, January 2, 2022
Location: 1515 Grove Blvd, Austin, TX 78741
Sunday – Thursday: 12:00p – 6:00p
Friday – Saturday: CLOSED
A Glimpse at the 2021 SAFE Holidays Timeline
Now and Ongoing
- Online sponsor sign up and wish list collection (click here to sign up!)
- Collect items for SAFE Shelves and deliver to the SAFE Donation Warehouse
Week of November 15, 2021
The first round of wish lists will be distributed the week of November 15. After the week of 15th, we will continue to pair on a rolling deadline as new clients move into services. The delivery deadlines will not move, however.
December 5 – 7, 2021
Sponsored wish list gift drop off — location and calendar for curbside drop off time will be sent in your pairing email
- Sunday, Dec. 5: 12:00p – 5:00p
- Monday, Dec. 6: 2:00p – 7:00p
- Tuesday, Dec. 7: 2:00p – 7:00p
December 13 – 15, 2021
Clients receive gifts!