Particularly during a time of crisis, we rely on community in-kind donations to help us provide basic needs, clothing, and household items to assist survivors and their families. We could not do the work we do without your ongoing support – so from all of us at SAFE, thank you!
Right now we most need:
- Shampoo & Conditioner
- Body Wash
- Razors and Shaving Cream
- Hand sanitizer
- Disinfectant cleaning supplies/surface disinfectants
- Toilet Paper
- Paper Towels
- Hand Soap
- Laundry Soap
- Trash bags
- Twin Size Sheets and Blankets
- Non-perishable food
- Grocery Store Gift Cards
Are you ordering groceries and other items through Amazon during this time? If you order through https://smile.amazon.com/, a portion of your purchases will come to SAFE! Just be sure to navigate to “Your Amazon Smile” from your settings and select “The Safe Alliance.” As always, thank you for being a committed supporter!
Due to capacity, the SAFE Donation Warehouse is not currently accepting:
- Used clothing or shoes
- Used toys, books, or home decor
- Travel size hygiene items
Please consider making a donation of new items from online registries, view the Current Drive button (above), download our ongoing needs list, or provide gift cards to fill gaps in needs.
And sign up for our SAFE E-newsletter HERE.
Delivery options include:
- Shopping for items from our Amazon and Target registries, which ship directly to our donation warehouse.
- Mailing gift cards or small items to P.O. Box 19454, Austin, TX 78760.
- Delivering items to our SAFE warehouse at 1515 Grove Blvd., Austin, Texas 78741 (see hours below).
For security reasons and to ensure your donation is handled properly, please drop off items during regular warehouse hours. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Please note the below schedule is based on staff capacity. There may be times when staff is not able to join you at the dock to accept items. We will typically have bins out and further instruction if this occurs. There may be days that the following schedule varies. Thank you for understanding.
- Sunday: 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Monday: 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Tuesday: 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Wednesday: 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Thursday: 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Friday: 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Saturday: CLOSED
Take East Riverside Drive from I-35 approximately 2.5 miles to Grove Boulevard. Take a left (north) on Grove Boulevard. As you drive past the large black fence on Grove, turn into the driveway at 1515 Grove Blvd. Enter the property through the gate, and the warehouse is directly in front of you.
Please do not deliver items to SAFE locations other than the donation warehouse. Feel free to email email@example.com with any questions.
In-kind donation FAQ:
At SAFE, we know we can only support as many survivors as we do because our community fulfills many needs through in-kind donations. Our in-kind team is so grateful to have your support in filling SAFE’s shelves.
Do not hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Does my donation go directly to/support SAFE clients?
Yes! All new or like-new in-kind donations, which serve a client need, go directly on the shelves in the SAFE donation warehouse for clients and advocates to select. There is no charge to SAFE clients to accept the items you donate.
Can SAFE pick up my donation?
Due to staff capacity, we currently cannot pick up donations.
What do you accept?
SAFE accepts many types of items, including personal-care products, baby supplies, and basic home needs. Selecting items from our Amazon and Target lists or in-kind needs list is a great start! We always need new items, as our clients are starting fresh, however, there are some items that we can accept in like-new condition.
Please keep in mind:
- SAFE clients often do not have access to materials to clean or repair items. Donations must be client-ready.
- SAFE clients often do not have a lot of storage space, or may be moving soon, so there is typically not a high demand for decor or household items that are not listed on the lists above (e.g., large sporting equipment, large pieces of art, outdoor decor, etc.).
- Delivering any small amount of high-need items to the Donation Warehouse is welcome! If you would like to set up a donation drive, please email email@example.com.
- If you feel you have an in-kind service, office furniture, or item that may serve staff or operations and is not outlined in this FAQ, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We generally prefer full size hygiene items, rather than travel size.
What can you not accept?
Thank you for considering these guidelines. Delivering items that are in demand and client-ready can help us better serve SAFE clients efficiently. Processing items that cannot be used by SAFE clients demands precious staff time. Additionally, we are charged monetary fees for disposal for broken items and furniture. Due to demand, storage, and staff capacity, we unfortunately cannot accept:
- Any items that pertain to violence and drug or alcohol use
- This may include DVDs and video games rated R or Mature/Adults Only, toy/water guns or other weapons, and clothing with alcohol brands or themes.
- Any items that are damaged, need maintenance, or washing
- Used mattresses
- We do have a bed frame and a mattress on our Amazon wish list that arrives packaged in a manner that can be handled easily by staff and clients. If you would like to contribute a bed, please visit our Amazon wish list page. Mattresses are among our greatest needs. If you are a mattress company and would like to partner with us to supply new mattresses, please email email@example.com.
- Used toys
- Used make-up and basic need/hygiene items
- Travel-sized hygiene
- Used clothing
- Used breastfeeding pumps, car seats, and bottles
- Magazines, textbooks, VHS tapes, and cassette tapes
- If you would like to support our charter school’s efforts, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Big-screen TVs and tube televisions
- If you would like to make a professional contribution of IT equipment to staff, please email email@example.com.
- Any items that pertain to violence and drug or alcohol use
If you’re unsure about your donation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who should I contact if I’d like to organize a drive?
Please email email@example.com as you begin to organize your drive. We can direct you to the current highest need and approved kits, provide a drive flyer and updated logos, provide information about packaging and drop-off, and answer other questions.
What is the best way to deliver my donations?
For your donations to quickly get to a SAFE client, please consider the following tips:
- Deliver to the SAFE Donation Warehouse during open hours. SAFE only has one staff person to accept and sort donations, so this is a huge help.
- Please ensure everything is clean and client-ready.
- If you are providing myriad items, consider bagging/boxing by type (this makes sorting a breeze!)
- Consider labeling bedding size on the bag.
What if I have a very large donation?
Due to staff capacity, we ask if you have a very large amount to deliver, to please contact firstname.lastname@example.org a week in advance. This will help ensure that we can accept the donation, have staff on-site when you arrive, and have the space prepared to store your generous contribution.
Can I give my donation directly to a client?
Due to client confidentiality, this is not a possibility. However, there are many volunteer opportunities to increase your engagement with SAFE, including warehouse volunteering!