UPDATE: We are still offering free fatherhood classes on the phone or through the use of a computer.
Current waitlists – updated weekly
- For fathers or father figures with at least one child between ages 0-5, there is a wait of one month before receiving a phone call.
- For fathers or father figures whose child is between ages 6-11, there is a wait of one month before receiving a phone call.
- To contact the Fatherhood team immediately, call 512.264.4100. Se habla español.
An estimated 24 million children (1 in 3) in America live without their biological dad in the home. (U.S. Census Bureau, 2011)
SAFE’s Fatherhood program is designed to empower people who identify as fathers to connect with their children in a healthy and nurturing way. Our goal is to have a greater impact on preventing child abuse by strengthening families through home visitation and parent education. Our mission is to help every father and father figure to realize the key role they play in their family and society.
Whether we are working with fathers in a home visit or a group setting, fathers can expect a supportive and encouraging environment to acknowledge and enhance their skills, and to build strong, healthy bonds with their children.
We provide opportunities to discuss issues relevant to fatherhood, including:
- Fathering in the past and present
- Fathering sons and daughters
- Feelings and male nurturance
- Fathering without violence and fear
- Overcoming fatherhood challenges
- Setting boundaries and having fun
- Teamwork and the family
- Building healthy relationships
Our fatherhood specialists work closely with SAFE’s Strong Start program, which empowers families through early childhood services and family support. The Strong Start referral form is available here.