This guide provides:
- Strategies for working with survivors of violence who are experiencing depression, anxiety, dissociation, flashbacks, hallucinations, self-injury, substance misuse or addiction, and a number of other symptoms of violence and abuse
- Options for working with survivors struggling with substance use, including harm reduction strategies, and models for understanding substance abuse and addiction
- Tips for creating a welcoming environment for survivors with mental health symptoms related to chronic abuse and violence
- Responses to frequently asked questions about working with survivors in shelter, on the hotline, in sexual assault services, and through peer support programs
- A review of traditional and alternative treatments for traumatic experiences
- Information about psychotropic medication, drugs, and alcohol, including symptoms and withdrawal
For more information about the manual and/or our Disability Services program, please contact Shell Schwartz at email@example.com.