Donating to the SAFE Warehouse
Particularly during a time of crisis, we rely on community in-kind donations to help us provide basic needs, clothing, and household items to assist survivors and their families. We could not do the work we do without your ongoing support – so, from all of us at SAFE, thank you!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or if you have an in-kind service, office furniture, IT equipment, or item that may serve staff or operations.
And, sign up for our SAFE enewsletter HERE!
Delivery options include
- Shopping for items from our Amazonand Target registries, which ship directly to our warehouse.
- Mailing gift cards or small items to P.O. Box 19454, Austin, TX 78760.
- Delivering items to our SAFE warehouse at 1515 Grove Blvd., Austin, Texas 78741.
For security reasons, please drop off items during regular warehouse hours. Please note the schedule is based on staff capacity. There may be times when staff is not able to join you at the dock to accept items. We will typically have bins out and further instruction if this occurs. There may be days that the following schedule varies. Thank you for understanding.
- Sunday – Saturday: 10a – 6p
The warehouse will also be closed –
- Monday, May 30 (Memorial Day)
- Monday, June 20 (Juneteenth)
- Monday, July 4 (Independence Day)
- Monday, September 5 (Labor Day)
- Thursday, November 24 (Thanksgiving/Day of Gratitude)
- Sunday, December 25 and Monday, December 26 (Christmas/Winter Holidays)
- Sunday, January 1 and Monday, January 2
What can SAFE not accept?
Thank you for considering these guidelines. Due to demand, storage, and staff capacity, we unfortunately cannot accept:
- Any items that are damaged, need maintenance, or washing
- Used clothing that is not in season. Please ensure any used clothing is in “like new” condition before donating.
- Used toys
- Used make-up, basic needs, or hygiene items
- Travel-sized hygiene items
- Used breastfeeding pumps, car seats, and bottles
- Magazines, textbooks, VHS tapes, and cassette tapes
- Used mattresses
- We do have a bed frame and a mattress on our Amazon wish list that arrives packaged in a manner that can be handled easily by staff and clients. If you would like to contribute a bed, please visit our Amazon wish list page.Mattresses are among our greatest needs. If you are a mattress company and would like to partner with us to supply new mattresses, please email email@example.com.
- Any items that relates to violence and drug or alcohol use.
- This may include DVDs and video games rated R or Mature/Adults Only, toy/water guns or other weapons, and clothing with alcohol brands or themes.
- Big-screen TVs and tube televisions
If you would like to make a professional contribution of IT equipment to staff, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can SAFE pick up my donation?
Due to staff capacity, we currently cannot pick up donations.
Who should I contact if I’d like to organize a drive?
Please email email@example.com as you begin to organize your drive. We can direct you to the current highest need and approved kits, provide a drive flyer and updated logos, provide information about packaging and drop-off, and answer other questions.
What if I have a very large donation?
Due to staff capacity, we ask if you have a very large amount to deliver, to please contact firstname.lastname@example.org a week in advance. This will help ensure that we can accept the donation, have staff on-site when you arrive, and have the space prepared to store your generous contribution.
Can I give my donation directly to a client?
Due to client confidentiality, this is not a possibility. However, there are many volunteer opportunities to increase your engagement with SAFE, including warehouse volunteering!
Does my donation go directly to/support SAFE clients?
Yes! All new or like-new in-kind donations, which serve a client need, go directly on the shelves in the SAFE donation warehouse for clients and advocates to select. There is no charge to SAFE clients to accept the items you donate.