The greatest gifts you can give this yearWritten by The SAFE Alliance
Safety. Housing. Healing. HOPE.
People are always asking us: what can we do to help? What do you need the most?
There are so many ways to support the work SAFE does, especially around the holidays — volunteering, advocating for social change, serving as a resource for coworkers, donating hygiene items to our clients—and the list goes on.
But the truth is, a financial contribution does the most good for those we serve.
SAFE must raise significant philanthropic dollars every year just to meet basic operating expenses that enable us to serve more than 250 survivors every single night on our two residential campuses, as well as thousands of vulnerable community members beyond our gates every year.
Your gift made between now and Dec. 31 will be DOUBLED thanks the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation!
In addition to SAFE’s Family Shelter and Children’s Shelter, our highly-trained staff work in homes, schools, courts, and hospitals throughout Central Texas.
Right now, we have a $2 million gap in philanthropic support. It’s no easy task, but we know it’s possible to close this gap between now and Dec. 31 with help from caring community members like you.
Please make a gift now so that SAFE can continue to provide safety, housing, healing, and hope to our neighbors who need it most. Thanks to the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation, your gift will be doubled through Dec. 31!
We have accomplished so much together this year.
For example, in 2017, the community’s support of SAFE has allowed us to:
- Expand our SAFEline to provide 24/7 call, text, and chat services
- Launch the SAFEMen Pledge to change our culture of violence and abuse
- Formalize an Alumni Services program
- Begin a special program, SAFE CARES, for young survivors of human trafficking
- Advocate and secure additional funding to end Austin’s rape kit backlog
- Reduce youth violence through our Expect Respect prevention program
- Successfully place our first child into a SAFE supported adoptive home
But we could not have achieved any of this without your support
Thank you for partnering with us to create a safer, healthier, and brighter future for Central Texans in 2018 and beyond!
Don’t forget to give by Dec. 31 to double your impact for the children, adults, and families SAFE serves.