SAFE’s Expect Respect program works to promote healthy relationships and prevent violence among children and teens. We provide innovative, research-based trainings and collaborate with schools, health-care, law enforcement, and other youth-serving organizations to create safer environments.
Expect Respect offers a comprehensive program manual and a training/consultation package to assist others in replicating the program.
This new edition of the manual builds upon three decades of programming and evaluation to bring you a comprehensive, research-based violence prevention program that can be replicated in your community. The Expect Respect manuals provide you with everything you need to implement this program in your school or organization.
The 4-book set includes:
1) Program introduction and overview
2) Support group curriculum for students in grades 3-5 (16 sessions)
3) Support group curriculum for students in grades 6-12 (24 sessions)
4) Guide for developing youth leaders.
The Expect Respect Team is available to assist you in creating or expanding existing prevention programming in your community. We believe a comprehensive approach is needed to break the cycle of abuse in children’s lives and to prevent violence from happening in the first place. Our multi-level strategies aim to:
- Increase safety, social support, and relationship skills among vulnerable youth (School-based support groups, counseling, and advocacy)
- Engage and train youth as leaders to create safer and more welcoming school environments (youth leadership training and awareness activities)
- Increase capacity for school-wide responsiveness and prevention (policy/protocol for responding to incidents and disclosures, staff and parent training, teacher-led classroom lessons)
The Expect Respect consultation/training package is customized to meet your needs and is designed to allow your school and community partners to participate.
For more information and to discuss consultation/training options and fees, please contact Shannon Sandrea, email@example.com.
To download the brochure about our Expect Respect manuals and training, click here.