A a society, we need to change the societal norms that so often turn a blind eye, condone, and breed violence and abuse as acceptable means of coercive control over others.
SAFE asks you to publicly commit to ending the cycle of violence by signing the pledge below.
The SAFEMen Pledge:
I pledge to
- Recognize when I have power in my relationships and not abuse that power.
- Seek consent in all my interactions and respect others’ wishes when I don’t receive it.
- Commit to a culture of nonviolence and respect through my actions, speech, and attitude.
- Speak up against sexism, sexual control, and sexual violence while teaching others how to do the same.
- Support survivors by believing them when they share their truth and standing with them as they heal.